By J. D. Huba, R. W. Schunk, G. V. Khazanov
Published through the yankee Geophysical Union as a part of the Geophysical Monograph sequence, quantity 201.
Modeling the Ionosphere-Thermosphere System brings jointly for the 1st time an in depth description of the physics of the IT approach along side numerical ideas to resolve the advanced approach of equations that describe the approach, in addition to problems with present curiosity. quantity highlights contain discussions of:
- Physics of the ionosphere and thermosphere IT method, and the numerical tips on how to remedy the elemental equations of the IT system
- The physics and numerical ways to ensure the worldwide electrodynamics of the IT system
- The reaction of the IT process to forcings from under (i.e., the reduce surroundings) and from above (i.e., the magnetosphere)
- The physics and numerical easy methods to version ionospheric irregularities
- Data assimilation options, comparability of version effects to info, weather variability reports, and purposes to area weather
Providing a transparent description of the physics of the program in numerous tutorial-like articles, Modeling the Ionosphere-Thermosphere System is of price to the higher surroundings technological know-how group in most cases. Chapters describing info of the numerical equipment used to unravel the equations that describe the IT method make the amount priceless to either energetic researchers within the box and students.