By Christine Eiser
"Double Take" is a drug schooling package deal produced by means of the dept of well-being and Social safety (United Kingdom). This video package deal was once dispensed for gratis to all secondary colleges catering to scholars from 11 years onwards in England and Wales in the course of 1986. This e-book reviews the result of a study review of this academic package deal, relatively when it comes to its acceptability to lecturers and scholars. The evaluate mentioned during this publication used to be performed intentionally in the context of organizational and methodological regulations. the first quandary was once much less with the capability effectiveness of "Double Take" lower than optimum stipulations. really, the investigators have been drawn to the ways that lecturers themselves selected to undertake and combine the package deal inside of current classes and with the constraints of scholars of their schools.
Read or Download Drug Education in Schools: An Evaluation of the “Double Take” Video Package PDF
Best addiction & recovery books
Daughters of alcoholics frequently think accountability for the disasters of others. Ackerman explores - and is helping overcome - those matters. Are girls who have been raised in alcoholic households, grownup daughters, diversified from ladies who have been raised in non-alcoholic households? Dr. Ackerman, a number one specialist on alcoholism and the kin and particularly on little ones of alcoholics of every age, has introduced jointly the strategies, principles and emotions of greater than 1200 girls during this first e-book on grownup daughters of alcoholics.
The authors finish with seven far-reaching techniques for alterations within the public faculties. certain to impress debate between all institution constituencies, this publication could be required examining for college directors, lecturers, mom and dad, legislators, and neighborhood leaders.
Those WHO instructions are designed to help employees of closed settings to supply secure and potent withdrawal administration and therapy prone for those that use medicines within the Western Pacific area. It offers information regarding medications and drug dependence; the administration of drug withdrawal; and methods to therapy for drug dependence.
This e-book provides info on Ugandan khat in the context of foreign debates at the drug, and the proposed ban in 2009. by means of telling of the tale of khat, the ebook will function a car for the research of social swap, improvement priorities and moving ethnic identities in Uganda during the last eighty years.
- The Official Patient's Sourcebook on Methamphetamine Dependence: A Revised and Updated Directory for the Internet Age
- Controlling Your Drinking: Tools to Make Moderation Work for You
- Reflections from a Woman Alone: A Lighthearted Look at a Journey toward Wholeness
- The Official Patient's Sourcebook on Inhalants Dependence: A Revised and Updated Directory for the Internet Age
- The Food and Feelings Workbook: A Full Course Meal on Emotional Health
- Pharmacological Therapies for Drug and Alcohol Addictions
Additional resources for Drug Education in Schools: An Evaluation of the “Double Take” Video Package
A series of multivariate analyses of variance were then conducted to determine if those scoring high or low on any given factor differed in terms of their evaluations of the package as a whole and/or of its different components. (These evaluations were each on a scale from 1 to 7). 04). However, there were no significant differences in their ratings of the "Thinking Twice" video. 78vs. 04 vs. 40 vs. 89 vs. 90 vs. 04). No differences were found in terms of evaluative ratings of the package 35 between teachers who scored higher or lower in terms of their endorsement of fear-arousal/role-play strategies.
05) and likely to kill (F(l, 118) the intervention than by the control group. 25 43 A series of principal components analyses were then performed, (with varimax rotation) the first being on the ratings of addictiveness. 60. 58). 63. 51, (heroin had a zero loading). 52. 83. 68. (d) Beliefs about persuasion A principal components analysis on subjects' ratings of how best 'to persuade young people not to try drugs like heroin' yielded three factors. 64). 68. 55). (e) Reasons why young people start taking drugs A principal components analysis on these 20 items yielded five factors.
The rest gave rather general responses (not having to do much work). (c) 'What I learned is ... '. Some pupils (15%) said they had learned never to take drugs. Others mentioned specific facts about drugs that had be~n learned (20%) and the rest mentioned generally that they had learned 'a lot' about drugs. g. g. g. g. 7 Drug (d) 'What I wanted to learn is ... , Half the pupils felt they wanted to know facts about drugs that had not been covered in the course. 20% wanted to learn about sex or AIDS 46 and the rest mentioned irrelevant topics (metalwork, computing).
Drug Education in Schools: An Evaluation of the “Double Take” Video Package by Christine Eiser